Knee Replacement Worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello All ,

Came on here to get some advice and help on appending knee surgery to replace my knee , but quiet worried now after reading all about your pain and wishing you all never had it done !

Is there any one on here with good words to say about having total knee operation done please .

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Yes, mine was painful for a while during my time in hospital. I had an epidural and general anaesthetic but I didn't manage the self administered pain relief properly to begin with. The exercises were uncomfortable but the good news is that surgery was 18 years ago and everything is working well. All the best!

• Edited

I am in the same boat as you Anne.......having my pre op soon and everyone I've met or heard of has said they wish they hadn't had it done, of course if someone says that, the NHS say "you have not played your part in the recovery" I'm seriously thinking of telling them to keep it..........at the end of the day I don't trust the NHS.

• Posted

Hello John , Yes its a worry even spoken to a couple of people yesterday and there are in a bad state even after a year on !! more pain than before and there knees are more stiff and harder to use than before , they said if they had herd about the problems that you can get and how many go wrong they would have never had it done .

people that have had only part of the knees done seem to be better off .

And like you said The NHS is not in a good place with all thats going on .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.