Knee support pillow

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I have read in different threads about having to use a pillow in between there knee's to stop the hips touching, I have had to do that long before my hips went, as I have a prolapsed disk and had to do the same, until I found this, what a gem once you get use to it you will find that it turns over with you, no more keep pushing the pillow back, but make sure you get the memory foam ones the sponge ones soon go out of shape, beleive it or not the first one I got was through a Daily Mail booklet and was called Memory foam contour leg support chushion (HA4/TIM0007361 and cost £21.99, but I have not been able to contact them to buy another one, but I searched for it on google and found one on ebay cost £9.99 it is not quite as thick as my first one but its still quite good. I even took one with me to hospital to use after the op. I hope this helps

Regards  Ron

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had one the same from Lidless last year about  £5
  • Posted

Looks like a gem of a cushion.  I have seen ones with a velcro strap that you fasten round one of your knees which is a similar shape, but the one you have found looks more comfortable.
    • Posted

Only in the spirit of humour....

Velcro straps in the bedroom seems a bit "50 shades of grey" !

..... we all need a giggle occasionally.

• Posted

Thanks for that Ron, it will be on my "to buy" list when I have my other hip done. 

Best wishes

Linnet x

• Posted

Hi not been told how long to use pillow between the legs for, is it the whole 6 weeks?
  • Posted

Hi Tracey I use mine all the time because of my back, I would suggest that you ask your Dr, physio or when it no longer hurts when your knees touch I would emagine that every one is different as recovery times as read in this group

Regards  Ron

• Posted

Hi not sureI know what this means ?

(Its the ripping off sound that does it!!!!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.