Knee went “squish”, now it hurts, clicks, and cracks

Posted , 2 users are following.

I stepped out if my truck into soft ground and something in my left knee made a squish sound! I was in instant pain and had to crawl up my front steps. This was 6 days ago, it seemed to be a bit better each day until today. Mornings were the worst as I held onto both sides of the wall walking down the hallway. It seemed to improve as the day went on.

I get stabbing pain just outside the upper right of my knee cap. My knee clicks when I walk, then it will crack like i was cracking a knuckle, and it feels a bit better with no clicking.

I'm afraid to trust it and I'm buying a compression brace today. Walking on a flat even surface is mostly painless, climbing stairs can be painful. I felt like I was heading in a good direction until today, I've had more stabbing pains today than previously and showering was difficult. Any suggestions for a guy with scary high deductible insurance?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You might think of having an x-ray?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.