Kneeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Hippies, I am a couple of weeks post op on lthr and touch wood all seems to be going ok, just looking and thinking about the future and hopefully returning to work as a carpenter, when is it normal to be able to kneel?

Thanks in advance Phil

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi phil I am 7weeks post op and just knelt first time this weekend to wipe mark off carpet ! Not the most graceful I admit but I don't know if or when you should think like everything else it's very individual but I did do it

Maybe check with physio ?

Denise

• Posted

Hi Phil

Denise (Swindon60) and I are both 7 weeks post THR and we seem to be following a similar healing route. I have been kneeling this weekend too - playing with the dog and gardening - all seems fine and great to have no pain. I did see my surgeon last week. He was very positive and said there wasn't much I couldn't do now as long as I listened to my body.

All the best

Carole

• Posted

Hi carole how r u doing ? I'm great now plenty walking intend to enjoy next few weeks off before " work" soooooo want to retire now !

Take care Denise

• Posted

Hi Denise

Good to hear from you. Since that blip a few weeks ago I am doing fine. i went back to work today but on phased return so only doing half days for 3 weeks. Feeling good but tired. I know what you mean about retiring though, especially the last few days when I have been able to do so much without any pain. I am glad you have plans to make the most of the next few weeks - enjoy.

Carole 

• Posted

I have started kneeling because I love gardening and I did at 8 weeks. Now (4 months) I kneel but I need some  support to come up, so I am using a garden kneeler with two raised handles, I don't know how to discribe it.

I also kneel on the side of the bath to wash my hair, but because I can hold on to the bath I have done it  very early on, at seven weeks.

For the first six weeks you cannot bend over 90 degrees, so I woudn;t even try;

Ask your phisiotherapist/doctor, we are all healing at different rates.

Best wishes

Ella 

• Posted

I'm 9 and a half weeks post op, work in tailoring and went back to work at 7 weeks (age 48). Knelt for first time at about 6 weeks at home playing with the dog with no issues but must admit was very wary of doing so. Have knelt a number of times since and all has been good. One thing I have found uncomfortable is to squat though. Did this once and it was very uncomfortable so would warn against this!

Hope this helps! Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, I'm 5 months today and still have issues kneeling. I can go down holding a chair and pull back up with a chair. I can kneel on steps, but doing it from a standing position, no way. I will till you though practice kneeling on the steps, because my knees are really tight from not kneeling very often. That is the only thing that has been tough for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.