Knees feel good now, but OTHER joints do NOT!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All!

I had both knees replaced last year in two total knee replacement surgeries. Knees are GOOD!

My problem NOW is that other body parts are SCREAMING!

I've been using Ibuprofen several times a day. I keep moving and use IcyHot roll-on for my lower back. Warmth helps with my fingers and shoulders, but I just know there are some other things that I could/should try.

Help, please! Thanks SO much!😊

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I use a tens machine for pain.....beware of the ibuprofen! Those NSAID drugs actually KILL adult stem cells! You would be better off with acetaminophen......tylenal.

ARE you taking any medication that you might be allergic to?

• Posted

I've heard of the TENS machine and recently I heard that several pain reliever companies are offering a similar product that uses batteries and is a pad that sticks on. This could be a good solution for my lower back.

How often do you/ can you use the TENS machine throughout the day?

No, I only take Ibuprofen, a multivitamin, my blood pressure pill, and fish oil liquigels.

• Posted

Go to your doctor and ask for Naproxen, it's anti-inflammatory tablet that will help you. I'm on the highest dose which is 500mg but they do a 250mg. Taken 1 twice a day with food and this will help you with your pain. I have to say it's one of the best tablets for me as it takes away that niggerling pain and helps me with my day. Also as a treat a hot stone massage will help and make you feel on top of the world for a few days but sadly won't take away the pain. I suffer with Arthritis badly both hips, knees and back, so I know where your coming from. Good luck and I wish you well in your quest to find a solution for your pain relief xx

• Posted

The hot stone massage sounds WONDERFUL!😊

My heating pad is my GO-TO when I can sit down for awhile. It helps my lower back better than anything else.

You just reminded me of the massager I have for my car! Several years ago it saved me when we needed to drive all the way from Ohio to Minnesota for our son's NCAA Track Meet. I NEVER would have survived that trip without it! It had HEAT, too!🙌😊😁🙌 It's in our crawlspace. Will go hunt it out and have it for the car!

• Posted

The medications recommended are very hard on the stomach so absolutely must be taken with food and never in large quantities.  Have you been checked for other causes for the pain?  I thought I had terrible osteoarthritic pain, wondered why it was in my muscles and not my joints, and after over a year was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica.  So you may have something else, treatable, going on besides OA.
    • Posted

I saw a Rheumotologist six years ago. He did all the blood testing to rule out various types of arthritis. I tested negative for each, SO it was determined through X-RAYS that OSTEOARTHRITIS was my problem. Apparently Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis that isn't confirmed through blood testing but is actually SEEN on X-RAYS.

Now, it IS possible that something else COULD be going on. I see my primary care doctor next month. Will check then. Thanks for the new thought!!!

• Posted

I'm not suggesting for a minute that you have PMR, it's not that common.  But it is another of those things for which there is no definitive test.  The doctors go by symptoms.  I actually self diagnosed myself by putting my symptoms into google, and it came up with polymyalgia rheumatica, but I didn't think I could possibly have anything so serious it would require steroids to treat its, so forgot about it.  It took over a year and a new doctor to diagnose me!

• Posted

It is always good to question, and we as patients always need to do our homework before we see our doctor. They spend just a few MINUTES with us; we LIVE in this body 24/7!

I hope you get relief and feel better. Different diseases require different treatments. A solid diagnosis makes treatment easier to discover!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.