L2 + T9 fractures

Posted , 2 users are following.

had a stupid fall at home resulting in the 2 fractures , weeks down the line i have improved , but still cannot walk unaided , i'm sure i've lost some height , i cant do an awful lot around the home, i feel almost like giving up with the pain ...i'm not young (66) but had no issues with bones before this accident , my Dr said i wont have an 'EUREKA' moment and could take along time to heal, physio given me excercises to help 2 weeks ago, but i can barely do any at the moment cos of the pain, i thought i would be fairly pain free by now, or is that too presumptious , the medical world d'ont seem very interested at all , i feel quite abandoned , i just wish the pain would let up .....

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Christine

I'm so sorry you were dealing with such a bad injury. how are u feeling now? I was looking through the discussions on here as 2 weeks ago i did some damage to my T9 and the pain across to my right side was such a severe pain. for 5 days I couldn't only make it to the bathroom with help and was bent to the right side and feared I would never be able to stand up straight.

I'm still waiting on an mri and it sounds like your injury was far worse so my heart goes out to you as the pain must have been so severe.

it's very scary to not be able to walk and the sharp nerve pain from trying to move.

I know this was months ago for you now but I'm wondering how are you now? I hope you have healed well?

I'm nervous even though I have much more movement now it hurts to bend sideways and I have a pain across my back and under my ribs that makes me nausea and I'm hoping it will improve soon as I'm missing work.

take care,

Aine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.