L4 L5 Disc bulge degenerative disc nerve impingement

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I am hoping to get some advice.

2 years ago i began to get a dull ache deep inside the top of my leg and buttock. It would wake me up for hours after i had been in bed for s few hours.

I went to private physio who gave me a series of excercises over a course of 3 months as he thought it was an aductor muscle in my leg. He couldnt replicate the ache when assessing my movment, and i also had full strength in my legs, back etc.

The physiotherapy did nothing to improve my symtoms.

I went to the doctors and they reffered me to have an MRI. During this time my back started hurting at the bottom and to the right of my spine. The back pain progressively got worse and so did the dull ache.

I got my scan results back and it showed a Degenerative bulging latteral L4 L5 disc with nerve impingement. Strange this is though is it shows this on the left side but all my symptoms are on the right side.

The spinal consultant told me to lose some weight and to be refered to pain management about the possibility of have a anti inflammatory injection.

I have since been back to physio and again it did nothing.

I am currently seeing a chiropractor and have had about 10 sessions but yet again its not really helping.

My pain iny back and dull ache in my leg/buttock is worse when sitting or sleeping. If i am up and active the symptoms ease off. I had still been playing low contact 6 aside football without much pain but the chriopractor told me to stop any physical activities whilst hes treating me.

Now i am at a point where the chriopractor is beginning to think that treament may nolonger be an option as its not responding as hoped. He has treatedy back and also my si joint.

i have now had the dull ache which everyone is telling me is nerve pain, for 2 years and back pain for a year.

Im sick of it now and was hoping someone could offer some advice.

im not convinced now that the dull ache is nerve pain or si joint pain. i have had the odd tingle down my calf and ankle but very rarely.

many thanks

Jason Wadsworth

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.