Lactose intolerance and acne

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone else noticed a connection between breaking out in cystic acne and their lactose intolerance

I also get itching and severe diarrhoea

Have the lactase enzymes helped those who took them?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Well , I replied to your question about lactose intolerance but I see its still waiting to be released. I find the cystic acne is more of a problem when I eat chocolate, so you might like to think about that.

Severe diarrhoea only if I eat/drink anything containing lactose. Yes, the enzymes help but I try to do without , simply because they are expensive. They also come in different strengths and the high strength ones are the best, but the most expensive. As I explained I try to only eat things that dont contain milk or milk products.

Its a long learning curve and you will have set backs, but you do get used to eating the non dairy alternatives. it may help as well to take a probiotic once per day.

Itching , yes again. I use Cerave body cream as much as possible. Its not a steroid so you can use as much and as often as you like. Non greasy, it doesnt stain clothes.

Just out of interest, have you had your gall bladder removed?

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply madam. I appreciate it

No I haven't had my gall bladder removed.

I have noticed the connection with chocolate too.

I am the same with lactose I then get severe diarrhoea and it's so debilitating and makes it hard to travel or go anywhere.

Is there a particular brand of lactose enzyme you found to be best in your opinion. I'm currently using Milkaid and it seems OK so far. I take it we can't get them on prescription?

Thanks in advance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.