Landed on neck and chest pain. Any help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a teenager and at a trampoline park i landed vertical straight on my neck. I struggled to breathe for 30 secs and i couldn't talk i tried and it was like i lost my voice. After being checked out they said it seemed like i haven't had any coller bone brakes. My chest really hurt and when i move it hurts. Someone suggested i may have dug my chin into my chest as i landed. Someone ran into me and the pain is only in one area now and very distinct. Its in a small area but hurts. My ribs click a lot now and they seem quite damaged. If i had broken a rib i would be in a lot of pain but when i broke my arm it took 2 days before i got it checked out as i thought it would hurt more. Any advice would really help!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi JS ~

Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you...you're too young to start these problems....you could ask your doctor if he/she will refer you to physical therapy?  I'm pretty sure if you landed that severly, you're probably going to be sore for a while.  Have you tried hot/cold compresses?  

I would suggest if it persists for over 2-3 wks, go back to the doctor and ask for an MRI.  I had an auto accident yrs ago and when I was checked out, everything was fine. Ha!  This persisted for a month and finally, I had an MRI w/contrast and also a discogram and the findings were:  A break in my back and fracture in my neck!  The rest of the story is just about me being upset that this PA put me through all she did and how I handled that part of the accident.

Anyway, I do wish you well and I hope you can get physical therapy bc at your age, you don't want arthritis to set in this soon.  Keep it loose cool

Good luck and let us know how things are going, please.

Frustrated

• Posted

Thanks if it was really bad it would hurt more and i would have less movement so i think im OK. If it hurts in a few days im going to hospital to get checked out. Thanks for the advice smile

• Posted

JS straight to hospital and get this checked over...Im not sure who initially checked you out but presume you mean the first aid staff at the park?

​Id certainly advise you get checked out by proper medical staff eg Hospital!! As soon as you can....hope all is ok and im sorry this happened! These trampoline parks need more intervention from safety standards people

• Posted

This happened 7 Months ago for you and 4 days ago happened to me, it's been 4 days and the pain is about the same, how long did it take for you to fully recover

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.