Laptop causes DiZziness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the past 2 weeks I have repeatedly stayed up until 3 to 4 am on my Laptop. I sit in bed with 3 pillows behind me and usually stay like that for almost the whole day. For the last few days I keep feeling lightheaded or dizzy whenever I walk or stand. I do feel tired sometime. It dcares me wgen O walk outside and feel like I might pass out. Do you think that it's because of that or something else? Please give suggestions of what you think it is and what to do.

Many thanks.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes especially if your posture is off when your on the computer for hours. That happened to me. Some people get sensitive to light over time and a possibility the signals from the wifi and computer could cause brain fog and Lightheadedness

Is your neck or shoulders or back soar or hurt?

• Posted

Nothing hurts but my shoulders are a bit stiff. What do you usually do to get rid of the lightheadedness?
    • Posted

My shoulders started becoming stiff aswell when it happened be carefull. Just try to have good posture and sleep on your back and not on your sides.

I got a couple symptoms all at once.. Brain fog/Lightheadedness/off balance feeling/sensitivity to light.. Basically lowering the light on the screen helped. Fixing my posture and ignoring the off balance feeling and Lightheadedness because that is just anxiety.. It eventually goes away. Also lots of meditation And breathing exercises and progressive muscle relaxation helps.

• Posted

I kept worrying that it's my blood pressure or sugar levels. I hope it's not. The left side of my lower stomach also started to ache. Thank you for the advice. I will minimalize screen time, spend the next few days sleeping more. Hopefully it goes away.

• Posted

You say, you stay up until 3-4 am... That explains the tiredness. plus staring at a screen for more than 4 hours does alot to your eyes. If you can, either limit the time you're online, or get some Gunnar Glasses to reduce eye straining.

• Posted

I'm trying to reduce the screen time. I've been staring at my screen for long hours for about 2 weeks before the lightheadedness started.

What worries me is that It's been about 5 days and I still feel lightheaded. It's very uncomfortable and makes me worry it's something else.

• Posted

It's been months for me. It's gotten better slowly. The doctors and ER said its stress.

But when's the last time you saw a doctor? It sounds like stress but it doesn't hurt to get a checkup. If anything just go into a walk in clinic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.