Large suspicious mass in uterine lining, watery discharge

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 69 fit and healthy all my life i went through menopause very easily

i do have vaginal athrophy ,

Not on any medications

i have a watery yellow , sometimes pink discharge and lower pelvic cramps

have had a ultra sound on kidney and bladder all negative , i have had a urine cycrology negative

4 urine tests last one red blood count was high that is why all the tests

i was reffered to a urologist and she ordered a pelvic and trans vaginal ultra sound. This came back with a diagnosis from my family Dr as a thickening of the lining of the uterus"

she said many things could cause that

The Urologist called it a "large suspicous mass"

i am going for a biopsy in my Drs office June 30

in the meantime the Urologist has orderd a cat scan

the symptoms look like either Uterine cancer or also sounds like it could be fibroids

my mind is wandering all over the place and i am stressed about the results that i wont get for a few weeks

Any one have anything similar?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I'm going through something similar right now. I'm 52, 6 years post menopause. Went to my GP because of low pelvic discomfort and urinary discomfort. I had a trans vaginal scan which showed a large pendunculated fibroid. I paid to see a private gynaecologist who has frightened me death. Told me that a woman of my age and menopausal status would not have a fibroid of this size and that it could be a cancer. I'm sorry I can't offer much in the way of help, but I know what you're going through. I'm barely sleeping because of pelvic pain which is worsening. I can't seem to relax my pelvic muscles so I'm wondering if that's what's giving me pain. I hope we both get some reassurance soon.

• Posted

hi Lisa

it is very scary and frustrating , i am scared and stressed im still waiting to get a referral from the Gynaecologist

my cramping and pelvin pain, pressure just started 4 days ago stopped for 1 day now its back

did they tell you the results based on the ultra sound ? Or are you getting a biopsy?

if its cancer what is the recommendation? My Dr said full hysterectomy with ovaries and lymph nodes in the groin

from everything i have been reading the symptoms for Uterine cancer and Fibroids are pretty much the same

so im trying to convince myself it is the latter

please stay in touch❤ i have my biopsy June 30

• Posted

Lisa, I just looked up what you have:

Pedunculated fibroids are benign (noncancerous) growths in the uterus. These fibroids are attached to the uterine wall by a stalk-like growth called a peduncle. The main difference between pedunculated fibroids and other fibroids is the peduncle. These fibroids can grow both inside and outside the uterus.

"it says non cancerous"

• Posted

Hello

How are you doing? The private gynaecologist that I saw made his diagnosis purely based on the written ultrasound report and the fact that I am post menopause and an not on HRT. He basically said that my only option was a full hysterectomy. He told me that me having a large fibroid at my age was a red flag! Told me he thought I was anaemic yet didn't order any blood tests! I've since had bloods done and I'm not anaemic! Have you had any bloods taken? I have an appointment tomorrow with an NHS gynaecologist. Are you in the UK? x

• Posted

I also have vulva/vaginal and cervical atrophy which causes me so much urinary discomfort. Could that be what's causing your pink discharge?

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

They did not do a blood test

i have a biopsy tomorrow June 30

How did your appointment go? Did you get some answers?

I am in Vancouver Canada

• Posted

Hello

My appointment felt rushed and didn't really tell me anything. The Dr reviewed my bloods and requested an MRI so I now just have another anxious wait. How are your symptoms?

• Posted

oh wow it just keeps going on and on like mine

my symptoms are the same cramping and leaking fluid discharge i have my biopsy tomorrow and am waiting for a cat scan and referral to a gynocologist

at what point is there going to be an answer for us ???

• Posted

The waiting is so awful. Good luck with the biopsy. Sending lots of love ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.