Lazy Bowel due to Eatin Disorder nd Hemorrhoids

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone on here suffer with the above? I'm at my wits end. Eating disorder, laxative abuse for 35 years. Now no BM without use of stimulant laxative which in turn plays havoc with my ongoing anal fissure and hemorroids. in constant pain and life seriously disrupted.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi There,

Where and what are the laxatives?

I have similar issue sometimes.

• Posted

I mean where did you get them from? If from a doctor, why were they prescribed in the first place?

• Posted

No not from a doctor, bought OTC. Using Dulcolax. Any advice on how to improve as I'm really struggling.

• Posted

Hi Kay,

Sorry for only replying now. Yeah Dulcolax is meant to be one of the safest type of laxatives, however this is only meant for people who have severe lazy bowel movements not due to an eating disorder, and should not be abused, nor used everyday for a long period.

Your body maybe used to the laxatives by now, even with herbal remedies they say give your body a break for 3 months after using certain herbal remedies for a while.

Only possible thing i can suggest is to stay away from the laxatives, slowly wean off if needs be, you may feel bloated but keep drinking lots of water and slowly eat high fiber foods when you can. I always complained to my doctor that with e.d. I felt like there was something in my stomach and the e.d. would stop my digestive system working properly, whenever she said eat high fiber foods, id think i cant. but even just some carrots would help. healthy fiber foods even popcorn.

Another thing you can try is when you are off the laxatives, there is a herbal remedy called 'Charcoal Capsules'. They are not laxatives but they are a fiber and are actually healthy in moving bowel movement naturally, also help with the bloat feeling in your stomach. I sometimes take one before bed, or during the day after had little milk, as you need to make sure you have something in your system. Depending where you get them from, I got mine from Holland and B, it says i can take up to 6 day, but I only take 1 every other day when feel need to and still find that helps, I would recommend to look it up and if you choose to try it, make sure the ingredients are all natural and from a trusting manufacturer.

Hope this helps 😃

• Posted

Hi Kay.

I believe I have a lazy bowel. After 10 years of Bulimia and laxatives

I get so bloated and windy I look 4 months pregnant. I don't do those things anymore and over time things have improved but not sure I'll ever be "normal" again.

I think regular exercise will help as when I exercise I find it helps move things along and squeezes out wind. anything to avoid using laxatives as it's just a vicious circle.

Also fasting for long periods doesn't help and eating a high protein diet .

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.