Learning about bipolar depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

My GF was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder and is struggling to make sense of the illness. Does anyone know of any good resources for learning about the illness. what is the illness? what could help? etc. perhaps books or blogs or other forums. thanks.

P

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've gotten most of my material about bipolar disorder online by googling. It would also be helpful for your girlfriend to join a forum such as this one and there's another good online forum called "Daily Strength" which has lots of different sections and bipolar disorder is one of them. This latter is a very active forum with many daily posts and responses. Lots of information can be had from an active forum and questions can be asked and will receive several answers. That has not been the case unfortunately with this forum.

• Posted

Also there's a really good and very active forum on depression which is part of the bipolar condition. Just click on "Community" then click on the letter "D" and it will take you to a list where you will click on "Depression".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.