left breast pain for long time, found lump today. what do I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I've had pain under my left breast for a couple of years....mostly when I lay on my stomach and push to get up or when I lay on my left side. Lately, when I wear a bra, I have pain under the left breast and have to shift around several times until I can finally take it off.  I have noticed within the last few weeks that my left breast is a teardrop shape.  This is not typical for me.  I have also had the feeling of milk coming in and my last baby is now 22 years old!  I passed it off as menopause or something.  I am 44 years old.  I had a hysterectomy when I was 37 years old.  I am concerned about all of these symptoms.  Can anyone offer any advice?  I have no history of breast cancer in my family.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The first thing you should do is not panic. Breast cancer *usually* doesn't present with pain. It may just be hormones. It may be a cyst or benign tumor.

But because of these symptoms, you should consult your doctor and have a mammogram or ultrasound. You will feel better after finding out what it is, or at least to rule out cancer.

• Posted

Hi there Im a 37 year old mom to 4 and two stop girls... Im having the exact same problem Im having so much pain on my left breast and i felt a lump inside its so painful i cant get comfterable what do u think it might be?
    • Posted

If I was you make appointment with your doctors I have had pain in my breast and armpit she manually checked but is sending me to breast clinic you should always address any changes to breast weather it's lump or swelling as early dection if it's sinister can save your life it can also be loads of things cancer being worse case scenario ??God bless 🙏🏻🙏🏻Praying for us all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.