Left chest pain!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have Thoracolumbar scoliosis Dextro on the upper and Levo for my lower so it was like an S shape. I was diagnosed when I was 15 and after that I never had a follow check up about it because I didnt take it very serious and now I am suffering from it. The pain, the worry, the anxiety, and the depression. I always feel pained in the left side of my body, my breast I dont know if its muscle pain or my heart but I asked my doctor about it he said that my scoliosis is not that severe to put my heart in danger. Sometimes I feel that my left side is feeling numb and on my breast I feel pain I dont know if its just the muscle. Can somebody help me? Thank you!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello abbeyreji

I have lower scoliosis in my back. It's not nice I share your pain.

First of all take yourself back to the doctors, and demand you want therapy st the muscle skeletal dept at your local health centre, or hospital. There should be a service like that in your area, I would have thought. You also need to do mind therapy, getting intouch with your inner self.

Learning to be kind to your self. Also see if you can do Pilates. Get it sorted, don't dut on this okay.

All the best liz😀👍

• Posted

Hi abbeyreji,

I too have the same condition as you, as well as kyphosis which is more severe. I was diagnosed when I was 20 and offered no further advice or treatment. I didn't think too much about it at the time either, but now over 10 years on I am suffering more and more as each year passes. I have always had pain on my left side, including throbbing, numbness, weakness and pins & needles. I think the majority of the pain is muscular and nerve related. My left ribs always hurt and feel tender/sore constantly which is probably a result of a twisted ribcage.

Unfortunately you can only live with the condition and do your best to manage the pain and problems. I have found that regular pilates and non-regular chiropractor treatments help me the most. Also as elizabeth142 has said you need to calm your mind too as I suffer from anxiety and slight depression also. I suggest you try mindfulness meditation.

I did see a musculoskeletal doctor too and that was a waste of time for me. However some physio's are good. My pilates teacher is also a trained physiotherapist so I lucky there.

• Posted

Thank you so much!

I thought it is my heart that has a problem. I always have anxiety attacks or depression when I feel the pain. I hope I can manage it and I will try to look for a good physio's here in the philippines as it really leads me to depression. Thank you so much for sharing your experience to me.

• Posted

As a patient with kyphoscoliosis and a heart condition, I would recommend urging your primary physcian to put you on a Holter Monitor.  Depending on how often you're feeling the chest pain, they will place you on a 24 hour, 48 hour, etc. monitor.  This is what detected my heart problem, which is most likely due to my kypho.  If your current doc won't refer you for a Holter Monitor, find another who will.  Best wishes.
    • Posted

Hi. Would you mind telling me what heart condition you have please?
    • Posted

Actually i dont have. I already undergone 3x ECG but it is always negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.