Left leg seizes after a few steps then can't walk at all

Posted , 3 users are following.

I used to be a competitive runner many years ago, then had an injury where my left leg stopped working when running and ended up with me dragging my leg, nobody ever identified the issue, I took cycling up with some success for many years and had no issues. still unable to run but could walk ok.

About 3 years ago on my bike I felt a huge pressure in my lower body like some went out of place I broke to describe the feeling, from that second on i was barely able to pedal with every stroke feeling like it was being blocked by an invisible hand or wall. I then had trouble walking where my left leg started to drag, and I got so stiff in my pelvis and other leg my body would shake and just seize up. no pain experienced ever. over the years I've had various MRI and nerve conduction tests all coming back clear with no issues. I'm now getting to my wits end as nobody can tell me what's wrong. sometimes it gets better where I can slowly walk further but then I seem to have these episodes where I can barely walk through a car park. initially I can walk normally then after a minute or so, left leg stiffens to point I'm dragging it behind me, sometimes my knee either buckles or just locks straight without warning, again no pain. if I continue to walk, my right leg then stiffens like lactic overload and pelvis and hip tremor. I have strange symptoms where I can walk and jog perfectly backwards, at gyms on elliptical trainer can't go forward but if I use machine backwards again no problems. this is really getting me down now as I'm active and have a baby daughter and fear when she gets older I be in a wheelchair. does anyone have any ideas or have the same issues as me?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

WHAT? Strangest indeed. Do doctors believe you? I know only about tardive dyskinesia caused (and confirmed by medical people) by certain drugs they call anti-psychotics (Do not believe TV ads about TD -- makes me furious)

So you have to know about drugs taken before this "movement disorder" and that is all I know about it.

Have to admit your story is hard to believe.

sincerely

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.