Leg/hip pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am having trouble lifting my left leg.when I lift it whilst getting dressed to put on underwear or trousers it hurts and I have to sit down . The pain seems to be in the joint where leg joins hip. Also my left arm feels week and my wrist hurts. My right side has no problems at all. Could this be arthritis? Can it effect only one side?        

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it could be arthritis in your hip. That's just where my hip problems started. I don't know how old you are, but it might be worth getting an xray just to rule it out. And it can affect just one side, mine did, and I've since gone on to have a hip replacement.

I do hope you can get it sorted out and if you do find that it's arthritis in your hip, why not join the 'hippie' site. You'll get so much help on there!

All the best.

Anna x

• Posted

Thank you Anna, I am 63. I am seeing my GP on 11 August so hoping to get referred to check it out. Thanks for your input x
  • Posted

Have a look at the   Athritis care web site they have forums here u can discuss things with other people

I have probs on my left side getting in an out of bath 

• Posted

Thank you John. Sounds like you would be better off getting a shower put in. I am lucky we had a new bathroom last year and managed to squeeze in a bath and a shower cubicle 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.