Leg Weakness. Extreme Fatigue.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Okay. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced something like this or is currently. I want to get as much information as possible to educate myself.

I'm 58. about 225 lbs 6' 1".

I have an issue with my legs. They're very weak and fatigue sets in real quick. I can walk about a block before they're screaming at me to stop and sit down. Went to a doctor last month and had an ECG. There's nothing seriously wrong with my heart according to that. A little thickening of one wall and some chamber is slightly oversized but it all falls within acceptable levels. My blood pressure was "normal".

I work actively and usually spend the whole day on my feet moving. My movements are usually not sustained exertions. I walk back and forth all day doing this and that but never to a high level of sustained exertion such as walking it seems.

Going from memory I notice my legs and my arms are not the sizes they used to be. Some wastage is occurring. I do not have the strength I used to. Also, thinking back in time this has been a slow process of wastage/loss of stamina/ability. It has gotten noticeably worse in just the last few months.

Is this just part of becoming an old phart? It's natural due to aging? Is there anything that can be done about it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.