Legally preventing anyone including paramedics and doctors from putting me in hospital

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I have been searching the internet with this question without success.

As a transwoman whenever I have been in Hospital such as when I had a serious car accident, I have always been placed in a female ward. I have never had any problems or complaints from other women on my ward and made friends in some cases. I was always treated warmly and with great respect by the other patients. I have had full GRS and feminising facial surgery and the only thing that gives me away is my voice as I have found it very hard to alter even with voice lessons.

With the doctors and nurses themselves this was not the case. One consultant surgeon asked "so what is this beautiful lady here for" then when I replied in my masculine voice, then shouted "why is this freak on a female ward" simply due to my voice. A group of student nurses asked me if I had kept my pen.. in a jar in case I changed my mind and walked off laughing.

As I usually do I just ignore hate as I have been living as a trans woman for over 20 years and I know that the majority of the public are very supportive of trans people no matter what the press says, so I take comfort in that.

Now the guidance has changed with the NHS that in future I will be put onto a male ward due to the equalities commission new rules for single sex patients.

Due to this I now wish to legally prevent any doctor, paramedic etc from taking me to hospital no matter how serious my condition. If the situtation is life threatening I want to legally prevent them from taking me to hospital even if that means I pass away at the scene of my incident/illness/heart attack etc.

Is there any legal way I can enable this?

Thak You

Jessica

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.