leision on bowel

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi just been told after a ct scan i have a leision on my bowel,what can this be ?lots of my family have died bowel cancer ,can this be the big C omg help

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it is cancer, the main thing is don't panic. I am currently undergoing treatment for bowel cancer. Before all this started I dreaded both being in hospital for surgery and contracting cancer. Since my treatment started

I have found that neither is as catastrophic as I thought.

Modern treatment methods are greatly improved over what used to take place in the past, particularly the methods used in surgery. I had my operation last November. A few hours after coming round from the anaesthetic I was eating a full size meal and was discharged from hospital a few days later. It did not take very long for to be back to near normal with little needed in the way of convalescence - I live on my own and was quite capable of coping without needing any assistance. Perhaps I should add that I am 78 so not exactly young and in the peak of health!

As I said at the start, don't panic. The essential factor, though, is get it sorted out as soon as possible.

• Posted

thanks got results back had a polyop removed from bowel and said all good ,wish you well tc magssmile
    • Posted

I'm delighted to hear that you're all OK Margaret, it must be a big load off your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.