Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis; diagnosed in March 2018 and discharged but still suffering?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

As the title confirms I was diagnosed with Vasculitis earlier this year.

I first went to see my GP because of a rash on my legs - I also experienced some blood and crusting in my nose, although very little. The GP diagnosed an allergic reaction and I was prescribed anti-biotics. As the medication didn't work and the rash got worse I went back to the GP who referred me to a Dermatologist. The Dermatologist did several tests and a skin biopsy and confirmed Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis. I was prescribed Prednisolone which I then tapered off over a couple of months.

Since finishing the steroids and being discharged I still do not feel 100% - I am consistently exhausted, experience shooting pains in my joints (which is no longer just limited to the lower half of my body!) I find it very difficult to carry out simple day to day activities due to the fatigue. I am breathless from walking any distance and suffer a fair bit with what I think is my asthma, especially at night.

I just wanted to check other peoples experiences with Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis as I not completely convinced I am out of the woods just yet!

I have been given very little information from anyone I have seen about Vasculitis and how long it lasts. I am unsure if this is normal following steroids (even though I have been off them for quite a while now?

Any of your own experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated as I feel a little lost!

Thanks smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

They never found the cause of your LV.  Steroids mask the symptoms, which are the clues you need to find the cause.  You will likely have to find the cause yourself.  Start by considering any drugs or supplements that you're taking.  Eliminating my Vitamin D supplement helped relieve some of my symptoms.  In the end, I discovered that mold in my house, which was not visible, was the main cause of my problem.  It took me 5 years of eliminating things from my diet and environment before I stumbled on the mold.  Be persistent.  

• Posted

Take your time, and lower the dosage gradually, and also make sure you take your vitamins. People take this for granted but its extremely important for overall body function.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.