Levaquin issues since 2014

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 3 years of many ongoing and worsening neurological issues, I now have the possibility of having lupus. More testing has got to be done, but results of ANA are low as well as low B12.

There are many, many other things that happen as well, the list is much too long.

I was hoping that someone in this forum might be able to let me know if anything like this has happened to them.

I'm so tired of feeling so sick when the flares happen. It's just been so long...

Thanks for any help or advice.

Kaye

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaye,

I'm sorry no one has replied to you before as I know there are many people who use this site who have had problems with Levo, Cipro and the other fluoroquinolones.  There are many discussions under the fluoroquinolone heading and perhaps you have already read some of them while you were waiting for a reply - if not, please do so as you will soon see how many people are affected.

Have you visited any of the support groups such as Floxie Hope?  I'm guessing you are in the US as you use the name Levaquin (it's called levofloxacin here in the UK).  If you go to this discussion you will find their address and several others in the first post:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/fluoroquinolone-toxicity-syndrome-427305

Lupus is a common diagnosis for the persistent adverse reactions to a fluoroquinolone (others are ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia).  Find out as much as you can about it so you can help inform your doctor!

• Posted

Hi Miriam,

Yes, I am in the U.S. And I thank you for answering my email. I have not looked at or been involved in the forum, but do recieve email pop ups often.

I am in the midst of a very bad flare, and as you probably know feeling I'm in a dark place.

I will check out the forum, and thanks again very much for being kind and responding to my email. I am grateful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.