Lichen planus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone had anybody had vulva hair loss with lichen planus ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen

No, I have not ever  heard of vulva hair loss with Litchen Planus.   So sorry to hear this. As its a skin disease , anywhere is possible. Consult your Dr. or  Dermatoligist as it must be very uncomfortable .  and you should not hesitate to get help. 

I,myself have OLP which is bad enough but controllable.

Good luck.

Anthea 

• Posted

Hello Karen41728,

I too suffer hair loss in this area too. So you are not alone. I am finding it very difficult to control my Lichens Sclorosis if you have any good ideas please share with me.

• Posted

Hi Karen. Thankyou for replying to me, I'm sorry you have this to but at least I know I'm not alone, how old are you? I'm 56 and I link this to an abnormal cervical smear I had about 12 years ago for which I was treated, have you ever had problems with smears ?
    • Posted

Hello Karen,

sorry I have been away overnight and did not get your message., I am 53 years of age, I have never had an abnormal smear test or treatment so I can't help you with that theory... Have you had this diagnosis long ? I am still in my first year and still trying to find something that works but is more natural than what the GP prescribes, I really do not want to have to use steroid cream long term...Have you found anything that works for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.