lichen planus

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been told I have LS but now am wondering if I also have lichen planus.  I keep having eosophagus burning and I have white areas in my mouth, and there is a sore on my lip. This is apart from the awful vagina LS.  I am feeling awful right now and can't sleep due to the pain.  I am going to doctors tomorrow afternoon.  I am absolutely desperate now!  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You poor lady. Try and calm down, I know it's hard. The reflux  and the sore are probably caused from extreme stress. I've been where you are. Stay off your device and try to sleep. Tomorrow mention all your concerns.

if you actually mean vaginal pain, LS does not affect the vagina but just vulval area including every part of perineal area and sometimes anal area.

LP only affects inner vulval lips also clitorus and sometimes vaginal canal. That's the one that can be present in the mouth BUT doesn't mean it will!

They both can affect the skin on the body in different ways but doesn't mean it will for everyone. 

• Posted

For the Lichen Planus in my mouth I have discarded all commercial toothpaste and now brush my teeth with a bit of baking soda.  Next to that I do coconut oil 'pulling'.  And of course there is the every day flossing.   My dentist was very happy to tell me that the Lichen Planus is now under control.  

Worth a try perhaps? 

• Posted

It is possible the esophagus burning could just be GERD brought on by stress.

Classic Oral lichen planus usually presents itself with..

White patches located on the inside of the cheeks, 

ulcers that appear under the tongue, on the tongue, and on the roof of the mouth. The tongue usually has a lacy white appearance often accompanied by a strong metallic taste in the mouth. 

Not everyone that has LS gets OLP, but you definitely need to have your mouth checked to be sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.