LICHEN PLANUS ORAL

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have had lichen planus (oral) for about 3 years---am coping with it OK but the lack of taste is just awful---everything tastes off and metallic---tried all the usual dexamethazone dished out by maxilla facial can't put up with it as it badly affects my stomach even though am just washing my mouth out with it--must be very powerful steroid--the only thing that does help a bit is 2 steroid tablets a day--improves my taste a fair bit and allows my stomach to feel it wants food.However the Consultant at Max Facial said lay off the steroids but had no other helpful suggestions

Anyone else got the same symptoms and what to do---very depressing---is CBD oil any good?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Richard

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.