Lichen Planus outbreak since April and want go away!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently been to several dermatologist  about a skin rash. It flared up a little and know it’s all over my feet. The current derm is know giving me steroids called clobetasol and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.  I have dark spots all over my feet and I tiny dark bumps. I’m depressed and I just want to give up. It all start when I was working out and trying different healthy products  so I really don’t know what started the outbreak but I’m desperate of trying anything. I’m not  taking any meds as of right know but cream to apply to the skin. Anything I should convince my doctor into trying? Any herbal medicine with success? What about St. John’s Wort? Im 31 years old with no medical problems until a couple of months ago. I just decline a vacation trip with my closet friends because I’m ashamed of my feet since I can’t where sandals. I can’t live my life with this LP!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes, 600mg/day of St. John's Wort extract (pills) cured my 20 year case of LSC + LP on my legs after 5-6 months. The symptoms were gone in only 6 weeks, and after that, the diseased skin layers dissappeared slowly over time, to be replaced with perfectly healthy skin. I have been disease-free for close to 5 years now.

Patience appears to be very important with the treatment, as I have confirmed with other patients suffering from various forms of atopic dermatitis that it can indeed work very efficiently when you give it time. Some patients also used slightly stronger doses to be successful (up to 1,000mg/day of SJW). Not using topical steroids at the same time also appears to be helpful: some patients who were using both, claimed not to see much improvement with their condition, even after several months of combinatory treatment.

SJW also has the added benefit that it should help reduce the level of depression/anxiety associated with having skin disease. The less you are stressed out about having LP, the better your chances should be to recover from the disease.

Best of luck,

Greg.

• Posted

Thanks Greg, you make me feel as if there’s hope for me. Since I’ve been to plethora of doctors due to this illness it seems bring me whole lot of patience. I just want this cleared up and if SJW will solve the problem then I’m all for it. I haven’t read too many success stories. Meanwhile, I believe that it has helped you and it’s worth the try.  So do you think I should start taking SJW and stop you clobetasol? Do you have any good reviews on using SJW oil on skin?
    • Posted

I and several patients out there are living proof that cutaneous LP is indeed curable with SJW!

For unknown reasons, it doesn't seem to work for everyone, but giving it a good try should at the very least help you with any anxiety associated with the disease; there is a feedback loop with LP where anxiety causes scratching, which in turn damages the skin further, allowing more pathogens to colonize it; this feedback loops allows the disease to spread over an even greater area of the body. So if SJW is at least helpful in controlling your LP, you are already ahead of the game.

If you feel additional testimonials on SJW and atopic dermatitis might help you, I am active on a French Forum where the patients comments about their results are mostly sensational. I can send you the link through a private message if you like, as it is impossible to include links on this forum without going through lenghthy moderation. There is also a French Herbalist's Website where patients comment on their use of SJW oil to deal with their eczema, that I can also include. If you can't read French, you could always use an online translator.

I personally haven't tried the oil, but because several clinical trials have confirmed the efficiency of a SJW cream against Eczema, I'm convinced it may be helpful for various skin diseases. I simply prefer the concept of combating the disease through systemic means (pills), but think that using a natural topical treatment at the same time might give you a better chance, so if you wish to try both, why not? You may also want to consider natural creams containing Turmeric, Calendula and Aloe Vera, which have demonstrated some results.

Cheers,

Greg.

• Posted

Wow Greg for some reason your kind words make me feel secure and that everything will be alright. Really wish I was one of your patients. My doctors have yet to make me feel comfortable about my situation. All I hear is...this all I can do it will go away on its own. I cried my heart out last time I went and there wasn’t any sympathy being shown. I’m going try everything you said but is there any vitamins I should take along with SJW.
    • Posted

Lol... Well I just wish I was an actual doctor, so that I could concretely follow-up on your treatment! Unfortunately, I was just a genuinely suffering LP patient like yourself, and now I'm very happy to share what I have learned about this annoying disease and the solutions that may work against it; I feel even happier when the information leads to success! wink

I don't think you should feel too concerned about trying too many products, perhaps unnecessarily... Start with the basics and see where it leads. You could however read about Fish Oils containing Omega-3, and then consider them later if everything else fails. There is some evidence that they may also help, but focus on what appears to be the best treatment options initially.

I would love to hear about your results with SJW in the future, so don't hesitate to use this post again to share your story with others!

Take great care,

Greg.

• Posted

Hello Greg, so I’ve been taking SJW for month now and I haven’t seen a difference but I’m still hoping for best. I did a follow up am today and my derm said my lesions are still active because of the color. I stop using steroid cream because I wanted better results with SJW. I know you said it takes a lot of patience and that’s one thing that’s helped me cope with this medical horror story. Well ttyl just keeping you updated.
    • Posted

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you so much for your update!

Yes, I do believe patience is key. I think each person reacts differently based on the exact nature of their lesions, their own immune systems and possibly some other unknown factors. Of all the people who have confirmed improving/curing their condition, some have declared finding relief in as little time as a week, others in as much as 3 months. I was somewhere in the middle after 6 weeks.

Have you at least noticed a drop in stress or in the way you feel about the disease since you have started SJW?

Regards,

Greg.

• Posted

Yes, a huge drop in stressed regarding how I feel about the situation although I cried to the doctors earlier is because the look he gives me. Almost makes feel like he’s telling your me you have three months to live and there’s nothing we can do. I feed off of actions and his is so dry and draining, no sympathy at all. I’ve learned to deal with it and continue live my life. I can’t hide forever but thanks for your moral support it really counts.
    • Posted

Well that's terrific news Kimberly. If SJW is indeed starting to work on your emotions, you may already be getting ahead of the disease!

And as for the doctors who often have to see more than two dozen patients everyday, and who have to deal with diseases that are known to be incurable, please understand that their own frustrations may sometimes be even greater than our own as patients. No wonder then if some of them lose part of their social skills with time, or on particularly stressful days.

In any case, I hope you will start seeing some positive effects on your LP very soon. Feel free to keep everyone posted on the outcome, and hang in there!

Best of luck!

Greg.

• Posted

My sister had a really bad reaction to St Johns Wort and was doubled up in pain in the end. She gave up the St John’s Wort and was back to normal. Just a warning.
    • Posted

Hi Ptolemy,

I'm extremely passionate about St. John's Wort, not only because of everything it has done for my personal health, but also because of the long-term growing scientific evidence, backing it up as a potential miracle-cure to many ills.

Because I'm also quite aware of its potential pitfalls (mostly interactions with certain conventional drugs), you have made me curious about your sister's experience. It's the first time that I hear or read about anyone mentioning that St. John's Wort could cause "additional pain". Could you be more specific about your sister's reaction? What was she suffering from in the first place and do you know if what she experienced with SJW was a drug interaction or did she simply develop an allergic reaction that is possible with any substance in any case?

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

• Posted

Thank you, but I’m depressed and I need something that people swear by. Did she have  LP on the skin. It’s all over my feet and back. I can see it on my arms but it’s hard to see unless your really looking. Is hers clear and what did she use to help?
    • Posted

I think she took it because she had back pain and it just did not work. Since then she has come across several people who were not too happy with St Johns Wort. I grow it in the garden and it is very pretty.
    • Posted

Hi Ptolemy,

Well, SJW may be helpful in the management of nerve-induced pain such as nevralgia and sciatica, but it has not shown convincing results in general pain management, except when very high doses were involved. Sometimes, it's just not possible to expect miracles from any plant against any disease. I do hope that she found relief through other means.

Thanks,

Greg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.