Lichen Planus Skin Rash

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve had this rash on my chest and back for four years and it only went into remission for 4 months one time. Has anyone experienced relief by going gluten free? i’ve tried a Purslane herbal supplement with no relief after taking it for four months. This was recommended by a Doctor on YouTube. seems like it helps with oral lichen planus. Please let me know what has helped .....

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Samantha, i did have lichen planus in my Abs sometime back . It was itchy and whenever i scratch i could see it increasing in size. I did not restrict myself on my diet, but i made sure i had fresh fruits and cooked vegetables portion a lot and also lots of protein. Whenever i felt it itchy i somehow controlled myself and avoided scratching. Also i applied virgin coconut oil daily twice . This habit became so habitual that after my bath and before i hit the bed i applied the coconut oil on the rashes...To be honest i did not realize that it was gone. i would say in 8 to 9 months it vanished. On my diet in addition to the above i stayed away from brinjals/egg plant, tomatoes , pastries and any food which had preservatives. I had oats with cranberries , little rice, lots of veggies and fruits. Also made sure my nails were trimmed good so that i accidentally did not scratch the wound. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.