Lichen schlerosus & HPV

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I am new to this forum. Just diagnosed with LS. I have been suffering VIN lesions (white patches) caused by high risk HPV for some time now, which were treated by co2 laser. However, when the last lesion appeared I opted for the cream instead. During treatment I noticed a new white patch. I first thought it could be a new hpv-related lesion, so applied cream there too but lesion did not go away. Well, one month after finishing treatment the itch got worse, went to doc, biopsy came back positive for LS. Great. Now I have two risk factors for vulva cancer: hpv and LS. I have been offered steroid cream. However, I do not want it. I have been reading that it may worsen the HPV infection and I may get more lesions. Anyone having both conditions? What treatment to go for for LS? I am stuck.

I don't know if it may be related to the LS developing, but my skin is pale, type I do not ever get suntanned, unable. I get freckles instead. Not red head but not dark hair colour. Green eyes. One doc also told me about the chance of getting LS at age 65 due to my physical traits (I am not even 40). I came to the conclusion my skin could be my risk factor as to why hpv affects me that badly (on vulva, not usual location, short after ral sx and not being immunocompromised or having any previous illness). I read about a gene variation which makes some people get freckles which could pose a higher risk for skin cancer. Can anyone relate?

Thanks for sharing your stories. Reading you makes me feel understood. Be strong!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

anyone affected by both conditions???

• Posted

Hi! I would be grateful if you could message me... I am at the same situation...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.