Lichen Sclerosis on buttocks and perineum

Posted , 2 users are following.

I appreciate Lichen Sclerosis is much more common with females than males, and if males do get it, it's usually on their penis. However, I'm a male and I have it on my perineum and the surrounding buttock area, something woman are usually are more prone to. Just wondering what others - male or female - use (creams/lotions etc) - that might offer some relief. I've been trying clobetasol propionate for 3 months now, with little success, and my dermatologist also prescribed Centraben and washing with Dermol 500. Currently waiting for a biopsy to comfirm the LS diagnosis. Any suggestions gratefully received!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Try any nappy/diaper cream to keep symptoms at bay. Sudocream or A+D cream depending on where you are in the world.

• Posted

Thank you very much for suggestion. I have tried Sudocream and nappy cream before but neither sadly seemed to help. However, I'll give them another go!

• Posted

Perineum can be quite painful. You don't say what country you live in - people can mention brand names on here but if you look up the generic name of the medication you can find what it's sold as in your country. And, for instance, US people on here mention Melatonin, but where I live, UK, it's prescription only, not OTC. If you're suffering some hemorrhoid creams contain lidocaine, which can make you feel a bit more comfortable just around the anal / perineum area. The clobetasol - usually you get prescribed a pea-sized amount twice a week to start, once a week after 45 days - is actually to stop the puritus (itching). Not as a cure. There's no cure. Just keeping it under control. I have No idea how it might help a man, or how you'd do it,, lol, but pregnant women are taught to stretch the perineum in preparation for childbirth, just using massage oil? I'd have thought that would surely help, as it's the tightness of the perineum that's the problem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.