Lisinopril, just restarted 5 mg when BP persistently has stayed low grade elevated.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have had problems in the past, but was also on Amalodipine and Levothyroxine for a falsely dx thyroid problem which it seems actually caused a normally healthy low BP to elevate over a years time of taking the Levothyroxine. Now been off Amalodipine  and Levothyroxine for a full 3 months and hoped to stay off the Lisinopril also, but my numbers have not returned to pre-medication state. It would seem the safe thing is to stay on the Lisinopri 5 mgl. Hope the side effects which made me so sick were strictly related to the amalodipine and Levothyroxine. Sadly some over lap which makes it hell to discern and get a handle on safely.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Cathy35794, hi, I'm not a doctor, but I ran myself thru the mill about what caused the reactions and side effects from metoprolol and Lisinopril and I came to one conclusion and I was right; it was the 2 meds causing all the problems and now I was left dealing with poisonous medications and we need to detoxify ourselves from them...watch your weight because I gained 20 lbs and that raised my BP and I can't seem to take it off as of yet so I'm going on strict diet..I used to eat whatever I wanted and stayed at the same weight until the Lisinopril dose went up and I was prescribed metoprolol...it was a pretty rapid weight gain and the doctor didn't pay any mind to it until I brought it up...these meds slow down our metabolism...you may want to look into other things and also natural remedies for lowering blood pressure...make sure you monitor yourself and write down any new side effects or reactions and the date they began so you don't question yourself about what caused it...these meds cause many problems and try and stick to same manufacturer of the pills you take as there can be drastic differences...Good luck cathy35794. You know that Lisinopril is just one of the medications that is derived from a synthetic snake venom ?  That freaked me out when I learned that...it's a wonder it has such strange side effects and reactions...

• Posted

Thank you. I allowed myself to rationalize the side effects of the drugs when the doctor simply ignored my complaints and inquiries and that lead to the true snake pit I found myself in. Yesterday I restarted the Lisinopril after over 2 months of not being able to get my BP down to where it was before the doctor poisoned me with the levothyroxine . If he had not been so eager to write a prescription for levothyroxine  and insistent  I needed it despite the fact I had no sx perhaps I wouldn't be in this mess. All that being said I started with a headache and vertigo within 3 hours of taking the pill. Trust me those were side effects I had not missed, but I have decided to  get my pill closer to 6 P.M. and since we go to bed early because of my husband's work I am thinking that if I have to have these side effects taking the medication when it would be the least disruptive might be best. I had bought the Dr. Merritt book about how to manage hypertension without medication and hope if I can gradually make some changes perhaps eventually I won' t need it at all. These drugs do change your body to be sure, so I just maybe stuck. My husband has taken Lisinopril different brands over the years and he has that darn "kennel cough" as I call it . It is miserable for him, but annoying since I know the drug caused it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.