Lisinopril rash on neck

Posted , 3 users are following.

I developed a rash on my neck, and a burning, itchy scalp several months ago. I had been in Lisinopril for over a year. After reading several posts here about people with a rash on their neck, I stopped talking it. After about two weeks it was SO much better! It's been about six weeks now, and I am not bothered with all-day, burning itching, but I STILL get a little rash on my neck, and my scalp still gets a little itchy NOTHING like it was. Ibuprofen helps a lot. Will this ever go away?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

just an idea im on Felodipine. I think thats the same type of drug. Absolutely no bother, and it keeps my bp well in check. Why not discuss a change with your gp?

• Posted

I was fine on Lisinopril for well over a year . I'm not looking for medication advice .

• Posted

just an idea im on Felodipine. I think thats the same type of drug. Absolutely no bother, and it keeps my bp well in check. Why not discuss a change with your gp?

• Posted

The rash itself might never go away but the uncomfortable effects you are experiencing will.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.