Liver multiple formation

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I’m 39M living in Italy. don’t drink, smoke or use drugs.

I got an ultrasound to check my kidney after an ureteroscopy surgery to remove a stone. The kidney was ok but they find multiple focal lesions in the liver (not found 5 months earlier in the first ultrasound I had in the ER - where they checked the liver as well. they did not reported the fatty lever neither).

Report: “Liver normal for dimension, present moderate hyperechogenic steatosis. Multiple hypoechoic solid formations bilateral visible in the left sector, the biggest of around 1.5cm. The biggest formation is situated in S6 and present a maximum diameter of 3cm of iso-hypoechoic aspect with a medial area more hypoechoic. In S6 additional hypoechoic formation of 1.5cm.

Nature of formation is unknown. MRI advices to evaluate the formations.”

I’m extremely worried about this finding and wondering if can be something serious like metastasis. After the ureteroscopy surgery done 3 months ago I got a severe infections and needed to take 4 antibiotics. Apart from that I never had any other healthy problem.

Is it possible that both the fatty liver and the formation was missed during my first ultrasound at the ER? Or is it possible that they has been formed in only 5 months?

If someone could give an opinion on this would be much appreciated. I will have the MRI in 2 weeks and would like to better understand what I can expect from the results.

Many thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.