Liver nodule . Please, help ..

Posted , 2 users are following.

My name is Malina, I'm 48 years old and I'm facing a situation I don't know how to get out of. Because I have had gastric reflux and rectal bleeding (internal haemorrhoids) for some time, I have asked a private GP to test for tumour markers. The analysis showed that the Ca 19.9 antigen value is 40, instead of 37. At the same time, the private doctor recommended me to go to my family doctor, "state" Social Security, so that the analysis would be included in their list. Hence each doctor, the private one and the "state" one had two different "answers" to the result of the tests.

The private one: he reassured me somewhat by telling me that the value can be slightly increased also due to changes in nutrition.

(during the last 2 months I went vegan, also, for a couple of years I have not eaten salami, fats and fried foods. I hadn't even eaten sugar before Easter. As a result of these changes and because I was walking fast, an hour and a half almost every day, I lost 16 kg in those two years. Also: I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol, I don't take drugs).

Anyway, to rule out any other hypothesis, he sent me for an abdominal ultrasound where they saw a lump (12 mm) on my liver. The sonographer referred me for a multiphase abdominal scan to see what type of nodule it was (hemangioma or something else).

The one "from the state": told me that at the moment it's not very relevant and that it's better to repeat this scan in July, in the idea that maybe then the antigen value will be normal. And I think that depending on the result in July, we will see what is done afterwards.

As far as I am concerned, I prefer to get all possible tests done as soon as possible to get out of the anxiety I have been in since I started all this. However, I do know that the multiphase scanner is very invasive, having very strong radiation that can have side effects, long term. So, I don't know which way to go: to do the scan (I have the appointment in 5 days, this Saturday) and get out of the doubts faster but with possible long term risks or to wait until July? On the other hand, I think that even if I wait almost two more months and if there is a serious problem, two months would be time wasted... So I am in a dilemma that I don't know how to get out of, that's why I am asking for your help.

I must say that both doctors, the private one and the "state" one, told me that the blood tests are good, the only deficiency would be, de vit. D.

Also, I don't know if it matters, but for about a year now, I have been getting bruises on my legs, out of the blue. Or if I scratch them too hard. I get them, they last about 3-4 days and then they go away. So far I haven't given any importance to it because I have poor peripheral circulation since I can remember (for about 10 years I have also had broken, spider web-like, varicose veins, but no varicose veins). But about 3 weeks ago I got some bruises so big (about 5 or 6 cm) that it looks like someone hit me. Last year I had blood clotting tests and they came back fine.

Apart from the dilemma I'm in, I would like to know, please, what could be the causes of a lump on my liver and, especially, what could be the causes of the increase of the antigen level? It's hard for me to explain the panic I'm in, especially since both situations (lump and antigen level) coincided...

Thank you very much for your patience and I am waiting for your answer! God help everybody and good health to all!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.