Living with herpes pt. 2

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone,

About two months ago I was diagnosed with herpes, my first outbreak was horrible. I took acyclovir and it went away. My bf got tested and came out positive. We're both loyal to each other and love each other very much. Today we were having a regular day, we were kissing and I felt a bump on my lip.. I thought it was from him biting me.. but it looks like a second outbreak again.. idk what to do... he hasnt had any type of outbreak and I seem to keep getting them.. I need a prescription to get acyclovir again and I dont want to get it from the last doctor because he was an abortion doctor and I honestly dont want to go back there. I can't help but feeling gross again and I've come to realize I still havent accepted the fact that I am living with herpes.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Damiella,

Any doctor can prescribe the medication for you. I would go ASAP, the faster you start the medication the less severe it will be. Some people have to take antiviral medication daily to prevent flare ups.

Hope this helps somewhat.

• Posted

Dont feel gross hun, theyre just sores mostly a skin condition but it will take more than two months for you to get use to the fact that you have it. 

So many people have oral Herpes i see it at my job all the time 

At least you dont have to deal with the fact of telling ane partner that you have it because you have your bf. 

i think thats the hardest parrt. 

youll feel better, be strong smile 

first months e current o.bs are more common 

• Posted

Wow that's deep. can you go to a clinic? What about the hospital? Do you not have insurance?
  • Posted

Thank you all for your answers, I have found a way to get some pills for at least 3 days and I am going to make an app with a gyno so he can help me to get in a treatment. Do any of you have home remedies for lip sores? Anything to make them go away faster?
    • Posted

My husband uses Abreva that's otc. It's a bit pricey for such a small amount. But for h1. U don't use a lot so it lasts for a while.

Obtw you can call or write to the company that make the drug for the pills you take and tell them you can't afford them. My mom has done this, I guess it's like a application and if you qualify you can get up to a years worth of the pills for free. It's worth a try. Just ask the pharmacy who makes the pill and the brand name. And look it up on the Internet. Sorry that's all I know of to help you. For this is very new to me. I hope to get my blood test results today. Good luck. Post me on how it turns out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.