Living with Vitiligo

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have full body Vitiligo. It is mirrored on each side of my body, arms, legs. I am thankfully clear on my face! I have spent so much money on tanning sprays, creams etc to try and hide the "white" bits, but to no avail!!! I am going away on holiday to Benidorm, and I am even now suffering with anxiety as to what to wear.....swimming, walking out in the day, and what to wear in the evenings......I try so hard to NOT be worried about how I look, but HELP...any ideas?? Doesn't help that I am 6ft tall, and as a female, this makes life worse!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

We deal with vitiligo. We employ fumigation-washing therapy, in which secret prescriptions are used to nourish the blood so that the skin flourishes. The prescription is individualized to treat both symptoms and root causes of the disease. The achievements are remarkable. see more information on the website of vitiligotcm.
  • Posted

Hello,

Hiya,

I too have Vitiligo, I'm 22year old female from Essex (loves to be brown or orange lol) as you can imagine it couldn't of happened to a more vainer person. hehe.

The Vitaligo has now took up over 65percent of my body and i has destroyed my confidence no end.

i cant even look at my own body anymore unless i have fake tanned.

i too have the same worries as you before going on holiday, most people look forward to holiday and get excited not me i DREAD them!! they worry the life out of me!

As soon as summer approaches i also go into melt down and feel like i

I went away to Benidorm last year with my friends for a long weekend, i usually turn the offers down, but i can't go through life missing out on things and wishing i was normal.

Leading up to Benidorm i done my upmost to stay positive this time round. i got a spray Tan the day before i left, bought bottle tan to take with me.

i also got a few Kaftans, long flowy ones. they was really pretty and covered me up well without being to hot as they are so thin.

i also where max dresses which are in almost in every high street shop. ( i wear these at the end of the holiday as my tan is starting to wear off)

I wear shorts at the start of holiday when I'm at my darkest and Vitiligo is covered as much as it can be, with again flowy tops) then start wearing the long skirts and maxi towards the end.

after i went Benidorm i went to Dubai, i done the same there too..

It is so hard living with this and only people with Vitiligo will understand.

Remember we thinks its much worse than other people do because we have it, most people take no notice and will love you regardless.

Im still coping with this but I'm hoping with age i will learn to live with it better without stressing too much and getting myself down.

Hope you have a good holiday.

• Posted

Hello daisy1387

Thank you for your reply. I was suprised to read your comments as it felt like I had typed your words! Had a good holiday, and thankfully it was too cold to swim lol so just lazed at the pool in my cozzie and wore a sarong to hide the white bits! And yes, wore maxi dresses, and jeans with strappy tops with shrugs. I did have a full body spray tan 2 days before I left but what a disaster and waste of money!! Looked blimmen awful and stained my white t-shirts! So I will def be sticking to my usual home tanning sessions with my drawer full of different sprays, creams and mousse tans! And my new fashion addition to my wardrobe this summer is def going to be maxi dresses with sandals. Please keep in touch.

• Posted

I have just looked back on my post. Please do ignore all those mistakes, i was in work and trying to make out i was working ha. evil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.