Long Term Ankle Injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello good people of patient.info,

I've been battling an injured ankle for the past 9 months. I just want to note I haven't had it examied as I don't have health insurance. It wasn't rolled but slammed down with a lot of force sending shock through the whole foot. What's so weird about it is the pain will go away relatively quickly. I've continued skateboarding since (I know I know, terrible idea. I literally don't think I can stop, it's the only thing keeping me sane). Every few times I skate I'll plant my foot to hard in the wrong way and get that same shooting pain through my foot, yet I can walk it off within a few minutes and be mostly fine. It does get sore sometimes but right now I can rotate it completely without any pain, just a slight popping. I stretch it a lot and I just ordered some collagen peptides.  I eat pretty damn healthy most of the time, fruits, veggies pasture-raised meats and eggs. What else can I do to speed up recovery. I would love any insight from someone who's been a similar situation. I don't think this is considered a sprain so I don't even know where to begin to research. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

After 9 months you have to consider whether you've caused structural damage.if so, it could become an increasing problem and maybe even a permanent issue in later life, as I have discovered. So pawn your skateboard and invest in an Xray
    • Posted

It's definitely not a bone problem. So an mri is what's in order and sadly pawning off ten skateboards wouldn't be enough
  • Posted

I hsd a long term ankle joint damage as the result of a fall that over years turned arthritic. The fact is you need to know what the problem is if you are going to try treating it.
  • Posted

You need toknow exactly what itis and stop self diagnosing

I had an ankle problem years ago, and it now has osteoarthritis in that ankle

Get it seen to

Eileen

• Posted

You may have damaged some nerves, so maybe research that, but I don't think its wrong to keep exercising as if it was really bad you would not be able to.  Ankle injuries take time to heal as obviously they are weight bearing. Try some cold compresses that might relieve it when it hurts. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.