Long term ces

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had ces for 16 years I go for cystoscopy yearly check for bladder cancer as I heard long term use of intermittent catheter increases risk ?

What annoys me most is the uncomfortable sensation when sitting for any more than 5 mins even on a padded chair and lying in bed on my back. The backside sensation is horrible and I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy but I never hear others talk about this ?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean, though it’s hard to describe the sensation 
    • Posted

Yes really hard to describe? Feels like bruising but not or just dull aching? Very weird

Thanks for your reply btw my name Dan is Donal in Irish! Are you Irish ?

• Posted

I used to suffer with this but I had a subpubic catheter for 18 month it got so bad with in fections I hat to have a ileal conduit wee stoma and a bag they left my bladder in but that at to be removed 5monthes later. I also have a colostomy bag. To cut it all short I was left in compression for 6 days. I have been left with mobility issues and I suffer so much nerve pain. I have been told I am the worst case of ces in this country. I was paid a large amount of compensation. I have had other things which I would not have got 3different types of major hernia operation I have had a colostomy revision and it's gone bad on top of the stoma again I am a waiting major surgery again. I have been put forward for a thing called Nero modulation I have had the 2week assessment. So it will be soon to go a head with this it was held up as I had upper back surgery 3discu c5 6 7 I had spacers plates and 2 cages. My discs had gone. I have had 10 major operation 9directly from being left in compression.

So I read about all the pain and I know what everyone is feeling numbness then water walking on pebbles is the worst one. So many things. If I was u if the feeling with u bladder is that bad get a permanent bag. Leave the badder in normally it just sits there It can go bad I felt it was like burning they admitted me took it out and prostrate go's as well u need ur prostrate for erecting. That did not bother me as I had lost feeling their. Its just a basic online but I have established ces. I have cares I was fit active then this and if I was treated I would be near normal. 10years of hell nearly 2spent in hospital.. Hope u read this and others don't let up this nhs trust just paid up all my cost the lot I was taking a urologist from a private hospital he never spotted the red flags. The NHS. Are getting him to pay half.

• Posted

Oh dear that sounds a nightmare mate

The gp told me not to get supra puBic as I am able to use my hands well and am mobile I might do though as sometimes it gets worse going in urethra but I have little feeling there

I never got compensation as it was my fault abroad I fell and no insurance

• Posted

I say a prayer for you . I can’t imagine what your going through 
    • Posted

I wake every night its the back pain. My back is a mass they are saying about putting rods in. At present when I stand it feels like I have been it in the lower back. They said I suffered extreme nerve damage to lose my bowel and bladder. When the surgeon said I would need a lot of help he was right. But it's all these unexpected things like the hernias the revision of the colostomy area they are all massive cuts up the middle. I have a foot long scar no real belly button.. As I lay in my bed now I am in pain. So I feel for anyone that as any type of back pain. I had good solicitors and barristers and experts the expert in

a and e procedures he was the one they failed me at every level even when the admitted me they left me for 2day before they done a mir scan. By then I was to far gone. They paid me 1.1 million and I never got a we are sorry letter. I miss my old life 10years of pain. I am 60 now and find things hard. But I have never give in.

• Posted

That's terrible and negligent 2 days without mri scan ! They say get it within 24 hrs or earlier to do least damage

😯

My accident was in Slovakia I was an English teacher there I fell from low balcony 2 floors onto concrete I don't know how I survived when in hospital the nurses lifted me on a sheet o change my bed it was agony I begged them not to Do it but they did ? I think I got worse injuries then

I had operation but my bladder and bowels are useless I get back pain as well

I feel bad for you

• Posted

Dan, I have had CS for 15 years I have terrible saddle anesthesia pain too. What are you taking for your pain?
    • Posted

I take lyrica and amnetryptyline. Affects memory. I have had pain blocking injections but they last about a month 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. Question though. Which one is causing memory issues. Lyrica or amnetryptyline? Also are you taking opiates too? Which ones. Thanks for your help!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.