Looking for Learning Resources Related to Chronic Neck Pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been having chronic pain with my neck and lower back for about 1.5 years now. I am seeing a physiotherapist, and have tried chiropractic, massage, and occupational therapy. The core of my treatment currently is the McKenzie Method, coupled with some strength exercises for the core, neck and back. My condition is slowly improving, but getting a complete (or near complete) recovery is proving very challenging.

I want to educate myself on my neck and lower back issues. In particular, I am looking to learn more about different treatment methods and the theories behind them. Some of the topics of interest are: exercise and treatment methods, postural correction, and general spine knowledge as it pertains to chronic pain and therapy.

Does anyone have any recommendations for books (maybe textbooks), websites, forums, and/or youtube channels to learn more about these things? Or perhaps just keywords that I could use to find such resources? I have already read several of McKenzie's books.

Thanks all!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.