Loop monitor and svt

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am dealing with svt episodes atheist that's what the cardiologist thinks that is is but he wants to be 100% sure so I had a loop monitor implanted to catch the episodes. This rules my life truthfully i live with a pulse ox on my finger a blood pressure cuff on my arm the car ready to go to the ER and a kardia mobile device that takes ekgs on your phone so I can send them to my doctor. I had an episode yesterday morning and it made me feel weak for the rest of the day today I really haven't felt like myself sporadically getting dizzy and weak. Then I was getting ready for the shower and I was extremely hot and sweating and at first I was like why the he'll am I so hot what's going on but then I felt my heart rate go. razy and I knew so I ran to my machines and did my vassal breathing g yo bring my heart rate back down and I've been lucky to get it back down. I am super worried what if I can't get it back down one time then off to the hospital I go and there gonna give me that shot of medicine that stops your heart for a couple seconds which scares the hell outta me I don't want to get that. my life consist of sitting around because I'm to afraid to do anything because I'm scared it will set it off. I just want to get this fixed it literally scared me so bad that I'm scared it's going to kill me HELP

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I have had SVT my whole life - episodes last anywhere from a couple of minutes to a few hours - and have never had to get Adenosine for it. If you know for sure that you have SVT and not another type of arrhythmia, rest assured that the condition itself is not life threatening. It is important to remain calm during an episode, as the anxiety will only make it worse/make your heart beat faster. I have always been able to convert spontaneously or with a vagal maneuver. Keep a log of your episodes and you may be able to identify the activities or things that trigger an episode.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.