Loose stools after Moviprep?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took Moveprep a week ago in preparation for a colonoscopy, unfortunately I was only able to consume the first part of the prep as I was violently sick all night and the colonoscopy was subsequently cancelled.

Since taking the Moviprep I've been suffering with very loose stools ever since. I'm confused as to whether the Moviprep has caused the vomiting and diarrhea or if I had some sort of bug? I was told they would give me a different prep next time just in case I'm sensitive to the Moveprep but also I'm really anxious for this to settle down asap as I'm expecting another colonoscopy appointment very soon. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi... that Moviprep is ghastly...never again!....I could only consume 3 of the 4 sachets and had to take any sickness pills. Why on earth they can't invent something that tastes nice I don't know!...but the colonoscopy went ahead. Ask for PICOLAX next time ..it's more effective and easier to take because you only disolve it in a cup of water then drink lots of pure water afterwards. My bowels returned to normal 2 days after the moviprep and colonoscopy so it does seem a long time for your stools to be loose. Depending on how far away your colonoscopy is you might want to mention it to the clinic doctors or your GP...Regards

• Posted

I agree Moviprep is vile stuff.....its like drinking a salty, lemon wallpaper paste! I didn't expect to still have diarrhoea after a week though, Its ironic really as I'm actually being investigated for constipation hence the colonoscopy! I've read that you need to leave two weeks in between preps so I'm definately going to ask for Picolax next time.

• Posted

i had a bad reaction to movieprep a few months ago. after the first satchet over 2to3 hours it started working but i was literraly on my knees in the bathroom with the pains i was getting in my stomach. i obviously could not take the 2nd satchet and i cancelled my colonoscopy. i had endescopy since then and back for results in a few weeks. they still want me to do a colonoscooy and until they come up with a different method that wont have me on my knees after whatever prep they give me they can forget about it. and like someone on here its for mild constipation. so never again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.