Loss of speech

Posted , 3 users are following.

This might sound weird but I went qbout 15 mins were I couldn't speak properly today. I knew in my brain what I was trying to say but my words were coming out slurred it was so scary it was like my brain was discovered connected from my mouth has anyone ever experienced this before? It isn't the first time either

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy, Can I ask how old you are? This is a vital piece of the puzzle.
  • Posted

I am 29 years old but it's happened a features in the past since I was around 21

• Posted

Well, it clearly isn't going to be dementia if it started at 21. I'm just wondering what your doctor said about this.

• Posted

Hi, Lucy. Sounds to me like you need to see a doctor, the sooner the better. Your symptoms are one of the symptoms associated with stroke or TIA (transient ischemic attack), kind of a mini-stroke. Did you have any of the other symptoms: inability to lift an arm, crooked smile? I am not a medical professional and I don’t mean to scare you, but please consult a doctor! Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.