Loss of taste and or smell

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I had been on prescription opioids for 20 years. Because of finding it almost impossible to get a doctor for prescriptions and difficulty finding pharmacies to fill a prescription whine wintering in Fl. I decided to quit. Fitting my quitting process I had all the likely withdrawal symptoms however I lost my sense of tase and or smell. It came back after a few weeks partially and now I have lost my taste again. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so did your taste come back and of so how long did it take? Food tastes terrible and o Dom not feel like eating. Also have Stage 4-5 kidney disease however I do not think this is the cause. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new and this is my first posting. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it took me about a year before I could even stomach a cup of tea, I went off all my normal food and cereal and found it hard to replace them because I had no appetite, it won't last forever just keep trying and eventually it will get better😊

• Posted

Thank you for your reply!!! I was beginning to think I would get no response God Bless
    • Posted

no problem, hopefully you will be back to normal before you know it😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.