Low MPV for 6 months, petichiae, high B12

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I've noticed that over the last 6 months I've had about 4 or 5 full blood count tests back showing that my MPV has fallen to around 5.4. It's normally been around 9/10 and I've never had any blood issues before. Around the time when it initially fell I also had petichiae rash on my lower legs and was bruising quite easily. Supplementing with some iron seemed to help as that quite low albeit normal at around 25 at the moment. My B12 has been abnormally high for about a year now but my gp says the liver can store it for years and I had supplemented with it so we are seeing what happens there. I'm a bit concerned I might have something like leukemia but am not familiar with too many of the symptoms. I do get night sweats sometimes but that's nothing new for me. Nosebleeds can take a while to clot. Given all of my other FBC results are normal it seems it's just my platelets have become small. Did anyone else ever experience anything similar?

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.