Low neutrophils, white blood cells.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, strange goings on, from about last march started getting rashes on lower back, legs, arms, etc, normally get physical urticaria every year on face due to cold/winter starts about Christmas goes about June, this year rash bad, down onto neck and chest plus strange aching pain in sternum where rash was, anyway went to GP three times various creams, steroids for a week, referral to see dermatologist, appointment tomorrow, end result rash on face neck and chest gone but left with pigmentation, rash still on legs, lower back and arms, back in march I had some sort of chest infection, slight cough and tightness in chest, so now I'm thinking COVID-19 back then, had a recent test for COVID-19 and was negative, also during this period blood tests show hemoglobin lower than usual and iron store higher plus neutrophils below normal, these can be indicators of viral infection, also I am on a immunosuppressive drug Benepali which I stopped myself about three weeks ago thinking I may have a viral infection and it won't go while taking Benepali, then about two weeks ago rheumatology contacted me said they'd been looking at my blood test results said they where lower than they should be and said "I trust you won't take the Benepali if you're feeling unwell" , I don't feel unwell but something is going on, as I said I think I might have had coronavirus some time back then in February March time and it probably caused all these rashes, any views or similar events.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.