Low pressure headache

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

I've been reading the chains looks for answers, I went in to hospital 5 weeks ago with awful stabbing pains and neck (left side).

They tried one lp with success (to rule out meningitis). Later got it LB surgical done but they could only get about 4 drops of spinal flid, instantly saying it's low pressure. CT scans with coloud can back ok as far as I know, after 2 weeks I was sent home with a load of meds with just seems to cover up the pain but its always there. Diagnosed with a low pressure headache.

I didn't feel any worse after the lb apart from being a bit sore.

Just want to get better, can't stand for long, sick if I do, dizzy all the above symptoms of a lb.

Anyone else experienced this? I'm worried that the fluid is not replacing itself but the doc just sends me home each week with more pills.. Just want to get back to work .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

wow ur story sounds just like mine. 4 weeks ago I went to the e.r aswell tested for meningitis. I've been back and fourth to the hospital multiple times because I'm now suffering for dizzy spells and wierd vision changes also ringing in my ears. my back is so sore they did an mri on my spine and brain yestersay and basically said it looked normal and sent me home.im now suffering so bad. wish I never ecer did the LP its ruined me.

• Posted

what vision problems are you having?

i dont have blurryness or anything but somethings not right! alot of black floaty things and almost shadows when i move my eyes but these arent dark shadows like the normal colours.

i sound so weird trying to explain!! its hard to say to anyone

• Posted

i keep explaining this as dizzy and drs are calling it headaches with associated vertigo but im not sure it is a dizzy feeling just hard to explain how i feel

im also on meds for dizzyness but not sure they are doing anything or if they are the right thing to take!

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering as well. Went to the docs yesterday they think I might need a blood patch which they could have done 5 weeks ago. Been referred to a private nirologist who I'm hoping can help but have to 3 weeks for an appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.