Low results!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have just done a low dose 0.5mg dexamethasone 48 hour tablet test and results have come back low.... what does this mean?? Adrenal?? It's weeks till I have adrenal scan and see my endo 😕 I'm feeling really low and just need answers...... please help! Xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It does sound as if the cushings may be coming from your adrenal gland.  Have you had the tests done for Pituitary Gland Cushings.  Please just make sure that you ask your Endo everything you need to.  Take a list and someone with you,  We all get such different symptoms and I had a Pit tumour.  Take care and let us know how you get on.  You are at least on the way, just be patient.

• Posted

My endo isn't very helpful doesn't return calls and weeks till me appointment. Have MRI scan of kidneys on 8th may so fingers crossed it shows up what the low result indicates. I am in severe pain under my right ribs which is breath taking 😔 I have every symptom relating to cushings I just feel so let down by the lack of communication from endo..... 18 months of my life have been taken from me and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Alone, frustrated and wanting answers..... any help advice or support welcome x
    • Posted

Hi,  Firstly if your Endo isn't very helpful ask to see someone else.  It is hard enough getting diagnosed with Cusings without an unhelpful Endo.  The pain underneathe you right ribs may be nothing to do with Cushings.  I had the same on and off and was eventually diagnosed with Gall stones.  Had my GallBladder out and fine since then.  My pain came and went so I was not always in agony.  There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train!  Please do not feel alone.  This forum was set up by me so that we do not have to be alone.  Are you in the UK or the US?  Take care and let us know how we can help.  There are people from both the UK and the US where things are a bit different.
    • Posted

Evening I'm in the UK... I have had to low cortisol bloody tests after dexamethasone and two high cortisol 24 hour urine tests. I'm at my wits end... endo doesn't listen to me. I'm just praying to God my MRI scan of adrenal shows something because if not I don't know what to do next. MRI of pit was over 18 months ago and asked if I could have been to small to show and could have grown since then and she just brushed it off and didn't answer me!! So frustrating 😠 how can I have every symptom feel this ill barely move and it be in my head??!! 😭😭 thank u for replying and support x
    • Posted

First of all the tumour on the Pit Gland can be too small to be definite.  I had Petrosal Sinus Sampling so that the tumour could be seen and so that the surgeon knew where to operate.  It is not particularly nice to have but it did shpw the tumour.  Your Endo sounds very unsympathetic.  Sometimes I think it is because they have so little experience of Cushings they are afraid of making a mistake.  Good luck with the MRI for Adrenal and please do not despair!  We are here to help if we can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.