Low white blood cell count, gall bladder like pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys,

I've been experiencing intermittent gallbladder like pain for the last 5 months. Ive had ultrasounds, Ct scans, bloodwork and urinalysis all come back clear with the exception of a low white blood cell count.

I occasionally have cramping/diarrea, however, most all of my pain is localized to the gall bladder area and mimics a mixture of indigestion-like pain and stabbing pain that radiates up my back and across to my stomach.

I was diagnosed with EOE years ago and was able to get it under control. I can tell that is it flaring up, however, I've never had pain like this before.

I have a HIDA scan scheduled, but I wasn't able to get in until the end of November. I am currently taking the following:

Omeprazole (it helps the EOE), Pepcid (ever since new symptoms started), Carafate as needed, Armour Thyroid (for Hashimotos disease), Spironolactone (for PCOS and Hypertension), and birth control (no babies with the Spironolactone!)..

I really can't imagine what else to do. I've already restricted food and even the smallest, blandest, low-fattiest meal gives me super bloating and pain.

Any ideas what the heck is going on? We've discussed doing an upper endoscopy as well but it wouldn't be until after the HIDA scan and everything here takes ages to diagnose. I'm really tired of being in so much pain.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.