Lower back and hip pain for several months. I wonder what’s going on?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi,

back in September i developed pain around tail bone (coccyx) area. i was worried that my prostate might be acting up. went to doctor. had a PSA and complete coctwil of blood test. result; all came back normal.

the tail bone area pain eased off but wondered what was that all about.

then, in January I had a cold like virus. test negative for COVID (LFT) twice that week. my pelvis started aching. i was again worried about prostate. i was put on antibiotics and had my urine test done.

to this day, i still haven't had urine result back to this day!!!!

Antibiotics helped with pelvic pain yet, i felt a lot worse; hot flushes, nauseam stomach craps, a pressure feeling in small of back. decided to stop meds and saw another doctor. they agree and advised me to monitor situation.

i went back to doctors on 24th Feb. I've in both hips, the coccyx area and a knot feeling in the small of my back. from what i can "guess" my muscles feel tender. i can't find any lumps or swelling. it hurts bad when i stand, say, wash my face. laying down is totally fine. Getting up in the morning is pain free until i,m standing by the wash basin. Walking isn't much of a problem. it helps. sitting down is okay. Can vary depending whst i'm sitting on. hurt chair, coccyx hurt. soft chair very little pain.

my hips just feels soar much of the time. i wonder if the source of this is from the coccyx.

The doctor thinks it hip wear and tear. she referred me, over two weeks ago, to radiology for either x-ray or ultrasound.

i'm okay with this but would have liked to have blood work done as well. i am worried but apparently my weight from two weeks ago hasn't changed since being weighed back in September.

i just hope I don't have to wait long to hear about an appointment date. i can't an appointment. the consultant reads my referral and grades it. Depending grade depends what waiting list i go on.

anybody experience this weird thing before?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.