Lower back muscle spams

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find the root cause for my lower back pain ( which I think they are just muscle spams ) which happened twice these past 12 months

The following are things about me

• I'm 48 years old
  • I go jogging every other day for 30 minutes ( like 4 times per week)
  • Have a decent diet ( I don't eat junk food) try not to eat food that has too much sugar or salt.
  • Have couple of drinks every other day
  • I drink 2 cups of coffee 5 days per week.
  • I work in front of a computer 5 days per week for 8 hours. ( I recently got my self an expensive chair to help with my posture )

History of the lower back pain:

December 2022 I had a lower back pain but it was easy to pinpoint the root cause. I sat down for almost 3 hours in a movie theater watching a movie on a reclining chair with heat. As soon as I stand up after watching the movie I felt the sensation of lower back muscle spam. It lasted for couple of days.

August 2023 I had another instance and coincidentally started to happen after seating on the passenger seat of car for almost 2 hours. That seat was not heated. However, this lower back pain lasted for few days. I guess this one was because of lack of posture while seating. It was concerning how long it lasted. This one felt like a muscle spam too and it was very intense compared to the previous one.

January 2024 I had another instance and this time I was not seating for a long time. The only thing I can think of that caused the pain which it felt like an spam too was the lack of exercise because during the month of December. I didn't do much exercise due to the weather outside.

I'm here to ask if there is a way to narrow down and ensure this is not because of the following

Is there a way, other than having a doctor send me to do an expensive MRI, to find out if this lower back pain which they all seem to be lower back spams are just spams due to lack of posture or lack of exercise or it's something more serious.

Regards,

Jordan

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.