Lower back pain for a few months scared it's cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

36 year old male with history of anxiety so I know that is something driving my fear but I've had lower back pain for months and can't get a handle on it. 3 months ago diagnosed with prostatitis which cleared eventually but my lower back pain just wondering t go away. It's at the base of the spine but above tailbone. Basically if I arch backwards I get a sharp pain. Standing it doesn't really hurt but sitting for a time or arching a certain way fairly painful. Not sure what I can do. I hear stories of people with back pain that won't go away having g cancer and so scared that might be me. Pain shoots into my scrotum or ass occasionally too. Any advise or suggestions s much appreciated. Last doctor prescribed bactrim which I am almost done with.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How about seeing a Family physician.. as weird as this might seem, this is who i am sure can help distinguish the back pain and ultimately rule out the Possibility of Cancer. All my years of practice, i always talk about the 5th sense.. although you may think your history of depression could be driving the idea.. but i think this is likely a differential for cancer.. so i suggest you find one like i have advised..
  • Posted

Hello,

I am a 16 yr old girl who has lower back pain. I've had It for 4 almost 5 months now and I still haven't had a diagnosis. Insurance wants me to go thru pain therapy and pain management before I can get a MRI for a diagnosis. For years, i have been the perfect picture of health. Didnt take any meds and didnt have to eat or work out in a certain way. All I want to know is what's wrong with me? The doctors took xrays and couldnt find anything except that i have a unnaturally straight back. They said that i lost my natural curve. It's difficult for me to stand and sit for long periods of time. Sometimes if I sit more than an hour or 2 I have to have someone help me stand. On a 0-10 scale of everyday pain, it's usually a 4. Please, if anyone has any possible answers I would love to hear about it. I hope it's not cancer but it could be anything at this point. I just want to get better or at least an answer to what's causing the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.